Saturday, August 6, 2011

Natures Bounty Lesson 2: The Mango

My family and I LOVE mangoes!  It is by far one of our favorite fruits. 
We love to make mango sorbet and mango salsa. 

 I think our favorite way to eat a mango is just by the slice. 

I have always loved the beautiful vibrant orange color of the mango flesh.  It is such a bright happy color!  But have you ever looked at the skin of a mango?  There are so many colors!  Deep burgundy, bright orange, yellow and chartreuse. 

There are a couple of different ways to go with a mango inspired color palette. 
The first option would be to stick to the oranges and yellows.  These colors would be bright and happy, but almost monochromatic, as these colors are right next to each other on the color wheel.  There are a plethora of flowers in oranges and yellows - from roses and gerbera daisies to more exotic orchids and calla lilies.  Here are a few examples of an orange and yellow color palette.
This beautiful bouquet has Leonidas roses, gerbera daisies, alstromeria lilies and orange roses.  I love the color of the gerbera daisies.  They remind me of mango sorbet!

I LOVE the attention to detail on this bouquet.  Check out the polka dot wrap and the orange ribbon!  Very cute!

Here is a more elegant look with the oranges and yellows.  Beautiful and simple calla lilies!

Now lets look at options with colors from the entire mango.

I can't get enough of this bouquet!  Again this designer went the extra mile with the detail on the wrap. 
Tulips, anemones, gerbs and roses.  This bouquet is so bright and fun!

These pomanders are a bit more red - but I think they are so fun!  These are made from Gerbera Daisies


I love this bouquet from The Knot.  The colors are gorgeous and the design is stunning!
Last but not least, take a look at how these mangoes are served.  Beautiful and YUMMY!

These are so great you almost wouldn't need buffet flowers!

Followers

Contributors